Orkney Image Library

<< back
Cromwells Fort, Kirkwall
The Orkney Image Library

Help us get organised! If we haven't correctly identified which area this picture is best listed under, please select it below and click Done!

view a random pic
Cromwells Fort, Kirkwall

Situated at the point where Weyland Road becomes Cromwell Road (or Young Street as it was known until renamed in the 20th Century). The fort and indeed most of the point are long gone, with the marina breakwater coming out from the stump that remains. This postcard was sent on October 18th 1909.
Large Version View Large Version
Picture added on 23 February 2006
<< back

Kirkwall

Walls of Kirkwall Castle?Kirkwall basin before the Kirkwall Hotel was builtD Block former Papdale Halls of ResidenceEast side of Kirkwall from CathedralWest Kirkwall from CathedralPower Station and Peedie SeaComing into Kirkwall Harbour 1960St Magnus 1960 Kirkwall Pierhead 1960 with Cathedral SpireKirkwall Harbour 1960